Am I eligible for the Japan Rail Pass?

U.S. & Foreign Tourists

Travelers to Japan will be eligible for the Japan Rail Pass if they obtain the following:

  • A ‘temporary visitor’ stamp visa – This will go in your passport and is obtained on arrival in Japan for U.S. passport holders. Please use a manned gate on arrival to Japan to ensure you get the stamp in your passport.
  • A passport
  • Passport-Visa


    Visitors who enter Japan under any other VISA statuses are not eligible.

Japanese Nationals:

As of June 1, 2017 the eligibility requirements have changed. Japanese nationals living outside of Japan who meet the conditions below will be able to purchase the Japan Rail Pass.

Requirements in English
Requirements in Japanese

If you are eligible to those conditions, please contact us to complete your purchase.



日本国の旅券及び「在留期間が連続して10 年以上であることを確認できる書類で、在外公 館で取得したもの等」を有する方

※日本国外での引換証のお買い求め及び日本国内でのパスへの引換の際に、旅券及び確認書類の提示が必要です。※旅券のコピーでは、引換証のお買い求め及びパスへの引換はできません。※確認書類で連続して10 年以上の在留期間が確認できない場合は、引換証のお買い求め 及びパスへの引換はできません。


1 在外公館が交付する「在留届の写し」(在留届の受付日付が 10 年以上前のものに限る。)
2 在外公館が発行する「在留証明」(「現住所に住所(または居所)を定めた年月日」と して、10 年以上前の
3 なお、当面の間、特例として、「アメリカ、ブラジル、カナダに限り、在留国が発行す る永住カード(当該
国に 10 年以上在留していることが記載されたものに限る。)」も確認書類として利用できます。
4 「在留届の写し」及び「在留証明」は、パス購入日より必ず前の日付けである事をご確認下さい。パス購入